Monday, October 14, 2002

Pod buddies

Having recently moved onto the second floor I am sitting with at a new pod (i.e. four desks facing each other). To my left is Meg and my right is Claire. Nobody sits opposite. Like most people here, they run a scheme with a three-letter acronym.

They are quietly efficient and refreshingly devoid of pretence - thoroughly normal, nice people. Meg has a picture of Robbie Williams on her desk and saw Savage Garden’s singer live at the Weekend. Claire spent last Friday with ‘a bottle of Doctor Pepper, two bags of jelly beans and Fame Academy’ and is going to see Grease the musical with Lee from Steps.

I mention them only because this brief sojourn on the second floor has been thoroughly enjoyable. It’s a shame that within a week of moving I was offered a new job and will be leaving. I will miss Claire and Meg, little do they know how much I’ve enjoyed being their pod buddy.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds