Thursday, January 30, 2003

What film ends with How Deep Is My Love?

The bizarre world of log files continues to tickle and excite. This week’s search phrases include another showing from the Dalhousie Slut, this time using very specific inverted commas. Who is that loose women? I’ve tried finding her, but she appears not to exist.

All hail the seeker who hunted me down from the phrase ‘Slag Avril Lavigne’ and I was pleased to see that someone searched under ‘Justin Ruffles’, until I realised it was probably me.

Big up the Singaporeans! I have had a flood referrals from one of my favourite blogs. I found Ineffable, months ago looking for a review of Orbital at Somerset House. I can’t remember if Michelle The Ineffable actually went, she was probably at a Drum n Bass Jazz Samba Fusion Night because like Jo Who’s Quintessentially Steppenwolf, Michelle has a groovy urban boho life spent cruising bagel shops, watching films in Swahili and listening to music sung in ancient tribal click languages. She posts entries like “We settled down to watch the Chungking Express, last week and believe the hype, it’s amazing”… Believe the hype? I wouldn’t know whether to eat it or dance with it. Michelle Ineffable, you rule.

I think everyone should broaden their horizons living vicariously through others. I know if everyone did that we’d all be staring at each other waiting for someone to make the first move, but it leads onto a little vignette I wanted to share. The closest I ever got to a drug experience was watching Jo Who’s Quintessentially Steppenwolf, Raver and Catherine getting bombed off their noggins on Hindu Kush after the pub. My favourite drug moment was Catherine’s paranoia attack resulting from not being able to work out how to use Raver’s Teletext to find the Oxford Vs Sheffield Wednesday score. I was on my way over from the said game and by the time I got there she was a gibbering wreck in the corner. We had conversations like….

“Was it a good game?”
“Brilliant, Jemson scored with 2 minutes to go, the whole place went mental. What have you been up to?”
“Mmm”

Anyway, the link from the Ineffable site has brought a flood of visitors, many with exotic ‘.sg’ domain extensions. Oh, how that extension conjures up the mysteries of lands far far away.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds