Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Luke, disciple of the absured

I’ve known Luke since school, but haven’t seen him for years, he’s one of those people who will open a conversation with a forty minute monologue, then suddenly check himself, realise he’s at the wrong point in the conversation, say hello and ask how you are. He once won the school’s mock job interview competition pretending he wanted to be a vicar whilst wearing his suit jacket inside out. His party trick was to empty the tobacco out of every cigarette in the packet role it up in an A4 piece of paper, and see if he could smoke it. He was at Simon’s party on Saturday: -

“So what are you up to Luke?”
“Well, I tend to hang around Shoreditch mostly”
“Woo, very fashionable”
“I think so, I used to hang out at London’s Trendy Shoreditch, but I’ve found that it’s not as cool as it was, now I hang around in Shoreditch, which is next to London’s Trendy Shoreditch, it’s good, it could become the new London’s Trendy Shoreditch”

He once walked into the pub and….

“Hi Luke”
“The people who take money on the Waltzer at the fair, where do they go when they want an adrenalin rush?”
“I don’t know, would you like a drink”
“Yes please”

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds